Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dimitar Kirov

Dimitar Kirov

A portrait of a man

Winter tale in Plovdiv

The Swan lake

Mosaic

Requiem

Music

Look at my eye-self portrait

Dimitar Kirov, DiKiro,was born on May20,1935 in Bulgarian community in Istanbul,Turkey.In 1959 he graduated from the National Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia, the Monumental and Decorative Art class of Prof. Georgi Bogdanov.
Kirov works in the fields of painting ,monumental art,including frescoes,mosaic,sgraffitos.He has also experimented with ferro,plastics,wood plastics and ballet artistic arrangements.
DiKiro lived and worked in the Ancient town of Plovdiv,Bulgaria. Married for his Muse- balerina and ballet teacher Russalia Antonova.
in October 2008,this great artist passed away.

Some of artist's awards
  • 1986 The Big Award "Zlatyu Boyadjiev", Bulgaria
  • 1987 Brockhaus Encyclopeaedia, Honoured Member of The Nika-Kay Painters,Japan
  • 1997 Legion D'Honour of France for Culture
  • 2000 Honorary Citizen of Plovdiv
  • 2000 Silver Medal of Pope John Paul II
  • 2005 National Order ''Saint Saints Cyril and Methodius"with a bracelet

Most of DiKiro's art is oil on canvas painting. To create classical painting requires the artist to be calm.Each wave of the brush needs to be calm. With impressionism it is different. It is different with DiKiro as well ,although he describes himself as "neither an abstract,nor a depictive artist."
He is agressive,advances forward to capture-a technique that makes colours stick out and seem brighter.The power of the artist ,except in the wave of the brush to recreate the agression of his spirit ,is in the relief.Maybe because this way he is closer to his idols: Dali,Picasso, Cezanne...
Anyway, this is his most wanted artistic product-the serious collectors pick mostly oil on canvas paintings.
Many of the portraits created by Kirov,were pastel.It is interesting to observe him while making a portrait:it feels like the drawing is born from the touch of his fingers to the cardboard. He prefers the soft pastels,but has worked with solid ones as well. These portraits,each full of individuality, testify both of his high technical skill and talent , and of his tendency to reveal the personality of the model.
Dimitar Kirov successfully performs graphic portraits in porcelain and other surfaces.
In 2008 we lost one of our knights of Bulgarian spirit.

5 comments:

  1. I like this article a lot, and Dikiro's paintngs.

    I agree with him: "Neither abstract nor depictive (figurative) artist "

    He uses a cold palette of colours, and their abstract production is really interesting.

    I don't know if the first picture is a pastel drawing, elegant, and smmoooooothhhhh colours ... till you see the eyes... He captured the portrait, giving the eyes the main space in the picture


    Yours, Josele


    ___________________
    Acuario es aire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, so it was you-Jose Luis, who change a little my article,weren't you?
    Yes, DiKiro is my favourite artist, next year when all of you will come in Plovdiv ,I will show you his home and pictures- magic!
    In Dropbox we are going to upload other pictures painted by him ,so you will see more.
    Veselina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veselina, I just added an unordered list, to all his awards, but I didn't change a word in it...

    I added some photos I took last year to Heroe's square article by Csenge, cause it was amazing ... I was reading the article, and watching my photos ... Both article and photos fit ! I have even a photo of the M1 line station...
    This is cooperative work, I think myself !



    Yours, Josele


    ____________________
    Acuario es aire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I put the frame indeed

    A good picture needs a good frame, don't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relax,Jose Luis,relax, we don't do you anything,good job!
    Just look our article and pictures about Yoan Leviev-I am sure that you will like them too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.